GIS Training Budget Cut? We Can Help!
The challenging economic climate that we are currently experiencing has prompted many organizations to cut training and travel budgets. However, you and other members of your organization still need to acquire the skills necessary to perform at a high level and implement various initiatives. In short, you need more “financially friendly” training options.
Over the coming months we will be offering various promotions designed to save you money AND allow you to acquire the skills you need to perform your current job responsibilities or perhaps take on a new project that requires some additional expertise.
GeoSpatial Training Services was founded on the premise that high quality GIS training should be affordable, self-paced, and not require travel to a distant training center. We have worked diligently over the past 5 years to make this a reality. Today we offer several dozen classes in various formats, all designed with our initial premise in mind.
Today we are announcing the following programs designed to “Save the Pig!”
Pay What You Can!
The October 5th – November 13th session begins soon. We’re still looking to fill up the last half dozen seats for this course. Many of you have expressed an interest in the course, but don’t currently have the funds to register. Our solution? Make an offer! Tell us what you can pay for the course and if it’s reasonable we’ll accept and get you registered. We can even accept multiple payments. Send offer to eric at geospatialtraining.com
Save the Pig Subscription – Silver Level
With our lowest level “Save the Pig Subscription” you don’t have to break the piggy bank to obtain GIS training. What is it? This annual subscription entitles you to download a total of 13 e-learning courses from Geospatial Training Services. The first month you download 2 courses of your choice and then each month thereafter you can select an additional e-delivery course. See below for applicable courses. In all cases, courses are available through e-delivery.
Our highest level “Save the Pig Subscription”. What is it? This annual subscription entitled you to download an unlimited number of our our e-learning courses. See below for applicable courses. In all cases, courses are fulfilled through e-delivery.
Some additional information on our subscriptions
- These are annual subscriptions. At the end of one year you will have the option to renew for an additional year.
- All courses fulfilled through e-delivery. This means you will receive an email containing a download link to the course. You then download the course and install it on your computer.
- After registering for a subscription, course requests should be sent to
- These are individual accounts and should not be shared by the entire organization
- The Silver Level subscription entitles you to 2 downloads the first month + 1 additional download each month thereafter for the year.
- The Gold Level subscription is unlimited. You can request as many courses as you’d like whenever you’d like.
- This includes any new courses that are released during the coming year.
Courses included in the subscription accounts are listed below.
- Arc2Earth for ArcGIS Users
- ArcGIS Desktop 101
- Integrating ArcGIS Desktop and Google Earth
- Mastering Python for Geoprocessing in ArcGIS
- Programming ArcObjects with .NET (Courseware)
- Programming ArcObjects with VBA
- Advanced Google Maps API Programming
- Building Rich Google Maps Interfaces with Dojo
- Creating Mapplets with Google Gadgets
- Debugging Google Maps Applications with Firefox and Firebug
- Introduction to the Google Maps API
- Building Web Based Google Earth Applications
- Dynamic Google Earth Applications
- Mastering KML for Google Earth
- Integrating GPS Data with GIS
- Introduction to GPS Technology
- Adding Digital Photos to GIS
- Working with Coordinate Systems in GIS & GPS
- GPS Mapping with ArcPad
- GPS Mapping with Trimble’s TerraSync and Pathfinder Office
- Future Courses (Geodatabase Fundamentals, Spatial Analyst, Bing Maps API, others)
We will be announcing additional cost saving initiatives over the next month so stay tuned for more information and please feel free to pass this along to others that feel would benefit from any of our programs.