Special Offer on Python GIS Programming Bootcamp
We’ve got a special offer for you this week only! When you purchase our self-paced GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10: Mastering Python course we’ll send you a discount code for the Python GIS Programming Bootcamp course equal to the amount you spent for the course ($129). Offer good through September 10th.
The Python GIS Programming Bootcamp will be comprised of 3 courses scheduled back to back with a one week break between each.
Each of the courses is instructor guided and self-paced. You also have access to all course materials for an entire year so if you need extra time it’s not a problem!
We are going to limit this first session to 20 participants so don’t wait to register. We expect it to fill very quickly given the popularity of our GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10 course.
Suggested pre-requisite: GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10: Mastering Python
The three courses that will be part of this bootcamp are listed below:
Intermediate Python Programming Concepts for GIS Programmers
- File Handling
- Persistent Storage with DBM Files and Pickling
- Reading and Writing XML, JSON, and CSV Files
- Reading and Writing from Enterprise Geodatabases
- Reading and Writing Archives (zip, tar, etc)
- Sending Email
- Internet Communication
- Processing HTML
Course dates: October 17th – October 28th
Open Source GIS Programming with Python
- Introduction to Open Source GIS Programming
- Making Life Easy with Python Templating Technologies
- Programming OGR for Vector Data
- Programming GDAL for Raster Data
- KML Programming with Python
- Writing to a PostGIS Database with Python
Course dates: November 7th – November 18th
Advanced ArcGIS Programming with Python
- Updating and Fixing Data Sources with ArcPy.Mapping
- Using Python to Creating Geoprocessing Tasks
- Accessing ArcGIS Server REST Services
- Advanced Cursor Topics for Searching, Creating, Updating, and Deleting Data from Feature Classes and Tables
- Advanced Tool Creation
- Convert GPS Data to Geodatabase
- Creating a Map Book with ArcPy.Mapping
- Creating Scripts with ModelBuilder
- Introduction to the Spatial Analyst Module
- Creating Add-Ins for ArcGIS Desktop with Python
- Managing a Geodatabase with Python (10.1 topic)
Course Dates: November 28th – December 9th
Bootcamp Price is $697
Don’t want to take all 3 courses but are still interested in one or two? You can register for them individually.