Archive for August, 2011
During the month of August you can save up to $100 on our self-paced GIS training bundles. Bundling our self-paced courses is an excellent way to obtain training in several different subjects while getting a great discount on registration fees. Our current selection of software training bundles include:
- ArcGIS 10 Bundle
- Web Mapping Programmers Bundle
- Geodatabase Bundle
- ArcGIS Desktop 101 for ArcGIS 10 + GIS Programming 101 for ArcGIS 10
- Google Earth and Google Maps Bundle
- Google Maps Developer Bundle
- Google Earth Developer Bundle
Our self-paced GIS Training provides a fast, easy, inexpensive, and highly effective method for acquiring GIS skills. Here are some of the key features of our self paced training:
- Courses are delivered through our Virtual GIS Classroom
- What is the Virtual GIS Classroom? You can view a sample class here. Click “Login as a guest”
- One year of access for each course registration
- Bound hard copies of the lecture notes are available for a small additional charge. These are excellent resources if you need to take notes while watching the lectures.
- Courses can be taken from anywhere that you have an Internet connection. No special software is needed.
- An average of 40 hours training with each full length GIS course.
- Exercises and data included with each full length course to give hands-on experience with the software.
- GIS courses offered in a variety of formats including full length courses, chapter length courses, and job aids.
- Compatible with PCs and Mac
- GIS training delivered by experts in both audio and video – Anyone can learn regardless of your learning style (auditory or visual)
- You can repeat lessons anytime you like, from anywhere you like (you can’t do that with classroom training).
The ArcGIS Server Viewer for Flex provides an excellent framework for creating web GIS applications without the need for programming experience! Anyone can build attractive, functional web applications with just a little knowledge of how the ArcGIS Server Viewer can be controlled through the use of XML configuration files. These configuration files can be edited in any text editor and control everything from the appearance of the application to the layers that are included in the viewer as well as the widgets that are available to the user.
To help you in getting started with building your ArcGIS Server Viewer applications we are releasing Introduction to the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex as a free learning module. This is the first module in our Programming the ArcGIS Server API for Flex course. This has been a very popular course over the past two years and has now been updated for version 2.4 of the Flex API. The next session begins August 29th and includes the course modules you see below. This is a self-paced, web-based, instructor guided course. One year of access to all course materials is included so you can review as necessary. This also includes any course updates that occur during the year.
The free module also includes 5 exercises. These exercises are in pdf format and can be found below the list of course modules.
- Introduction to the ArcGIS Server Viewer for Flex
- ArcGIS Server for Developers
- Basic Concepts of the ArcGIS Server API for Flex
- Flex and ActionScript Basics
- Advanced Concepts of the ArcGIS Server API for Flex
- Using Bing Maps with the Flex API
- Creating Custom Widgets for the ArcGIS Server View for Flex
Exercises for Introduction to the ArcGIS Server Viewer for Flex:
- Download and Install the Flex Viewer
- Styling the Flex Viewer
- Creating a Hybrid Basemap
- Working with Operational Layers
- Adding Widgets to the Interface
Although VBA is still available if needed at ArcGIS 10 it will not be supported at release 10.1. You can read more about this here and here. We’ve decided to go ahead and retire our Programming ArcObjects with VBA course and make it available free of charge as a self-paced course. I know there are still a lot of you working on ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 so hopefully this will help those of you still working with that release.
This course is broken into two sections: Introduction to VBA for ArcMap and Introduction to ArcObjects. They are meant to be taken in sequence. Exercises for the course come from the book Getting to Know ArcObjects which you’ll need to purchase if you intend to complete the exercises. However, the lectures provided above are free for all to use.
For more information on other courses please visit our website.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
GeoSpatial Training Services is excited to announce the release of 3 new courses including Introduction to Managing ArcSDE with SQL Server, Introduction to Web Development, and Introduction to ArcGIS Online.
The first session of our newest instructor guided, Internet based Virtual GIS Classroom course entitled “Introduction to Managing ArcSDE with SQL Server” will be delivered beginning September 26th. Learn how to configure SQL Server for ArcSDE, configure and optimize ArcSDE, perform database backup and recovery, manage ArcSDE, store and manage vector and raster data, manage versioned and non-versioned databases.
- SQL Server Configuration for ArcSDE
- Configuration and Optimization of ArcSDE
- Database Backup and Recovery
- Managing ArcSDE
- Storage and Management of Vector and Raster Data in ArcSDE
- Management of Versioned and Non-Versioned Geodatabases
This course is also now a part of our ArcGIS Server Bootcamp. The next session of the bootcamp begins September 12th. Register by August 15th for the pre-registration price of $615.00
Introduction to Web Development
Module 1: Introduction to Web Development
Module 2: Web Architecture
Module 3: Identifying Computers by IP and DNS
Module 4: Static versus Dynamic Web Pages
Module 5: Web Hosting
Module 6: Introduction to HTML
Module 7: Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Module 8: Design and Planning for the Web
Module 9: HTML Editors
Module 10: Tools for Creating Websites
Module 11: Web Programming Languages
This course will be available September 15th. Pre-purchase now and save $30.00
Introduction to ArcGIS Online
ArcGIS Online is a website that is created and maintained by ESRI and is dedicated to working with maps and data. The website acts like an online warehouse of maps, data, applications, and tools provided by ESRI, ESRI partners, and the GIS community. You can access the website at http://www.arcgis.com/home. In this course you will be introduced to ArcGIS Online, learn how to search for existing maps, access basemaps, create maps, access online tasks, share contents and maps and use the community maps program.
Module 1: Introduction to ArcGIS Online
Module 2: Searching ArcGIS Online and Opening Maps
Module 3: Basemaps
Module 4: Creating Maps Using ArcGIS Online
Module 5: ArcGIS Online Tasks
Module 6: Sharing Content and Maps
Module 7: Community Maps Program and ArcGIS Online Groups
This course will be available September 1st. Pre-purchase now and save $30.00
This course is now part of our ArcGIS 10 Bundle. Save $100 on this bundle during the month of August when you enter the discount code ‘agisbundle‘ (no quotes) when purchasing online.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )