I’m doing this because I think the book will be better based on feedback that I get from my readers and of course it will serve as motivation for finishing the book!
About the book
Download the chapter
I am not going to release the chapters in chronological order so the first chapter to be released in public beta is not the first but rather the third covering maps and layers.
Download the chapter, read it, and tell me what you think. Either by posting a comment below or by contacting me directly through eric at geospatialtraining.com.
Here’s a tentative list of all the chapters in the book:
- Chapter 2: ArcGIS Server Basics
- Chapter 3: Working with Maps and Layers
- Chapter 4: Adding Graphics to the Map
- Chapter 5: Using Widgets and Toolbars
- Chapter 6: Editing Data in the Browser
- Chapter 7: Working with Time
- Chapter 8: Querying Data from Map Services
- Chapter 9: Obtaining Information about Features
- Chapter 10: Finding Features
- Chapter 11: Turning Addresses into Points
- Chapter 12: Getting from Point A to Point B (Routing)
- Chapter 13: Geometry Tasks
- Chapter 14: Using the Geoprocessor
- Chapter 15: Understanding Events
- Chapter 16: Configuration Parameters
- Chapter 17: Working with Secure ArcGIS Services
- Chapter 18: Dojo Application Layout Controls
- Chapter 19: Dojo Form Controls
- Chapter 20: Advanced Dojo Controls (Trees, Grids, Charts, Image Handling)
- Chapter 21: Integration with Google Maps
- Chapter 22: Integration with Bing Maps
- Appendix: API Reference
As of now I don’t know in which form this book will be published, but I’ll keep you informed as things progress.
If you have a request for something that you want me to include in the book, or any thoughts or questions about it, please contact me.